New Student 2017-18 Registration Open March 1st!
Registration is open for all current Five Acre families on February, 1. It will open Wednesday, March 1st, for the general public.
You will receive 2017-18 registration paperwork in your parent box by February, 1. For children currently attending the school, you have already paid the one time registration fee and advance. Simply fill out the registration form and turn it into the office by Monday, February 28th, 2017. For siblings who have not attended Five Acre School before, please pay the advance and the $50 registration fee by Monday, February 28th. The annual supply fee, which varies with enrollment options, will be billed in May, due June 14, 2017.
With regards to Primary students, enrollment priority is given to children of current families registered by Friday, February 28th. Students enrolled currently in primary are assured at least as many days per week next year as they are currently attending. For those wishing to increase days, 5-day enrollments will be given enrollment priority. Due to our current waiting list, we expect new families will fill all the remaining places on March 1st, so please re-enroll your current students by February 28th in order ensure a place in the Primary Class for next year.
Five Acre School Registration is a process that begins with a scheduled tour in person. Registration forms are not available online and are provided during the tour. We suggest that you call to schedule a tour and observe class in session. Teachers and staff can be available for after school appointments if you’d like to discuss anything with them individually. As you make your choices for the next school year, we are eager to provide you with as much information as you need.
The Primary Class serves children ages 3-6. Kindergartners can enroll in the Discovery Class or, under some circumstances, remain in the Primary Class, parents should discuss with the staff which option would be best for their child. We continue to offer 2, 3 and 5 day a week schedules for Primary students. The 2-day option is Tuesdays and Fridays and the 3-day option, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Primary class enrollment is limited to 24 children daily. Enrollment is opened to new families on March 1, places will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
The Discovery class serves Kindergarten and 1st grade. All students must enroll for 5 days. Class size will be a maximum of 24 students, served by two full time teachers.
The Adventure Class includes grades 2-3. The maximum class size is 16 served by one teacher.
The Explorer Class includes grades 4-6. Maximum class size is 26, and will be served by one teacher and an assistant.
K-6 Admissions Process
We take a number of factors into consideration when admitting new students into our elementary program. Our program is a progressive curriculum and our admissions process is multi-step.
- The admissions process begins with an initial inquiry. At that time you are invited to tour the school. Usually the first visit is made without the child present.
- If you are interested in pursuing admission, you will fill out an application for admission and sign a records request so that we may obtain your child’s academic record from their current school.
- After we receive your child’s academic record, we will call you to schedule a visit for your child to their potential classroom. The length of this visit varies by age and classroom.
- Following your child’s visit, we will confer with you regarding our enrollment decision and your commitment to enroll your child.
- You are also asked to consider the financial aspect of having your child attend an independent school. Please carefully consider your commitment for the remainder of your child’s elementary school career.
- If we and your family conclude that your child can and should enroll, we will confirm a starting date. A signed contract, registration fee, supply fee, advance, and one month of tuition are due one week prior to the starting date.
- There is a six week grace period during which either the school or the parent may withdraw from the contract. If that occurs, the registration fee and advance are not returned.
- After two weeks, your child’s teacher will schedule a parent/teacher conference.
Tuition & Fees
|Discovery, Adventure & Explorer:||$8200 per year/ 820 per month||$380|
|Primary: 5-day:||$7700 per year/ 770 per month||$200|
|Primary 3-day: M,W,Th||$5200 per year/ 520 per month||$140|
|Primary 2-day:T,F||$3700 per year/ 370 per month||$100|
At the time of registration, you will pay a $50 registration fee and one month advance. See more information about tuition and fees below.
There is a 5% discount for families who pay in full on or before August 15th, 2017. Families may also pay monthly, over a ten-month period. The first tuition payment is due on the first day of school in August 15th, 2017. We accept payment by cash, check or credit card.
Registration Fee and Advance
The registration fee is a onetime fee of $50 paid when submitting the registration form. The advance is a deposit, equal to one-month’s tuition, which is refunded when a student withdraws at the end of a school year. If you re-enroll your child, currently attending Five Acre, for the next school year, you simply leave the advance you’ve already paid on your account and pay no additional advance for next year. If you decide not to re-enroll your child for 2017-18, your advance will be credited to your last tuition bill for this year.
Five Acre School provides tuition assistance to families in need and is available through the Lisa Inman Scholarship Fund. The amount available for tuition assistance is dependent upon the amount raised through donation and fundraising, and is limited.
The distribution of tuition assistance is determined by an independent committee of volunteers, who have no current connection to Five Acre School. The committee makes the final award determinations in a blind process (they do not know the identities of the families who have applied), according to a rubric, based primarily on need. In awarding tuition assistance, the committee considers family financial data and the total amount of annual tuition to be paid. The process to apply for tuition assistance is as follows:
- Register your child for the 2017-18 school year. Complete the registration form and return to the school. If your child is a new student, return the registration form with the registration fee.
- Fill out the Five Acre School Tuition Assistance Application and return to office or mail with last year’s tax return, copies of W-2s and property tax statements to:
Financial Aid Committee
Five Acre School
515 Lotzgesell Rd.
Sequim, WA 98382
The DEADLINE for the TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION is 3pm, April 15, 2017.
- The Financial Aid Committee will announce awards by May 2, 2017. You will have until Wednesday, June 1, 2017 to accept or decline your award.
As we make staffing and budget decisions for the year based on the premise that students will be enrolled for an entire academic year, we ask that families commit to the full year when enrolling their child(ren). Should you choose to withdraw your child after June 1st, 2016, and before the end of the 2016-2017 school year, the advance will not be refunded and you will be expected to pay tuition equal to the number of months your child has already attended, plus an additional two months tuition. The supply fee is also non-refundable.